How to Uninstall Tiger and return to my normal enviroment

Posted by John Hammer 
Hi. I have a friend who has a big problem. Please don't flame but he has a pirated copy of FCP 4.5 This copy ran fine on his g5 w/ Panther forever. He recently upgraded to Tiger and now FCP won't accept his pirated serial number. He's a pirate but he has a dilema. He needs his computer in order to work on a job tomorrow so must return to Panther. Is this possible ?

thanks
Re: How to Uninstall Tiger and return to my normal enviroment
June 01, 2005 09:30PM
John, I think it's time for him to go to the local computer store, and spend the cash on FCP. If he's working on a job, he should be using legit software. You wouldn't steal a computer to do a job with, so why should you steal the software. Your friend will not get any sympathy on this forum.

Graeme

[www.nattress.com] - Plugins for FCP-X
Ok I asked for no flames. I know it's wrong but the bottomline is he needs this job tomorrow in order to get back to Los Angeles. No FCP, no gas money, no future. $300+ for legit FCP software would negate him needing this job in order to get back down here. How can he reinstall panther and return the computer to normal.
June 01, 2005 10:27PM
Use credit card to buy legit FCP. Or buy it for him. You won't get flames here, just a polite answer - we don't help pirates in any way shape or form. And that's the same response you'll get on any of the major FCP forums too.

Graeme

whatever. i tried to be honest but i can see that its getting me nowhere. maybe credit cards come easy to you Graeme Nattress with all the Nattress software that you sell a year but my friend is a broke college grad who doesn't have a penny to his name. i'll save my sympathy for him since you're so anti-pirate and you won't give me a simple answer about how to reinstall Panther.
June 01, 2005 10:44PM
We've all been broke at one time or another. I certainly have sympathy for that situation, but your friend made an informed choice to use pirated software, full well knowing that there could be consequences for that action. There are plenty of people who read and help others on this forum who can't even afford a G5 with Panther or Tiger, who are running on old hardware and would dearly love to be running with the latest kit.

As forum policy we cannot condone or be seen to condone software copyright infringement, or to assist in the process. Sorry, but you'll have to look for help else where.

Graeme

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics