QT to Flash

Posted by Brad Theissen 
QT to Flash
July 01, 2005 07:54PM
Oh Dear!

Client wants me to turn QT .mov files to WMF and Flash!

I know about Flip4Mac altho I have never tried it, nor have I tried making Flash from QT.

Has anyone else been thru this minefield with recommendations for what path to take, and what NOT to try? smiling smiley

Any chance I could do this on a PC so I can keep my dear Mac devoted to FCP and DSP rather than laborious file conversion? (I am in the market for a G5 to help the workload).

I'm thinking an hour QT mov (or several QT files chopped into "Chapters", could take several hours to convert, not to mention upload to their server.

thanks!
Re: QT to Flash
July 01, 2005 11:11PM
QT to WMF = flip4mac: [www.flip4mac.com]

QT to FLASH = Soresnon Squeeze Suite: [www.sorensonstore.com]

After Effects 6.5 Pro also renders SWF files.

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

July 02, 2005 02:01PM
they are both SUPER easy to do, there is nothing to be afraid of. just play around with the compression settings to get the lowest file size you can while maintaining an acceptable looking image

BUT yes an hour long movie would best be cut up into chapters.
July 02, 2005 02:56PM
But, I'd like to do this on my WIN2000 machine so my precious Mac isn't hogtied with conversion duties... so I can convert on WIN and do productive video editing on my Mac.
July 02, 2005 09:50PM
Get Sorenson Squeeze - it's cross platform PC or MAC - works like a charm - the swiss army knife of compression programs - Also Compression Master is good too but I don't think it does Flash (everything else though, including windows media)

By the way if you are looking for a great tutorial on settings for Flash - go to CREATIVECOW.NET

This page has an excellent primer on setting for FLV

[www.creativecow.net]

Andy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics