Render Manager issues

Posted by Lips 
Render Manager issues
July 08, 2005 08:49PM
I was rendering a large file and got a out of space warning on my disk so after exorting half the project, I deleted over 5GB of render files. But every time I try to render the remaining 20 min of Video, it just keeps telling me I have no room left. The finder tells me I have 8 gb left on the drive. Any ideas

G4 1.4 OSX 1.3.9 QT7
Re: Render Manager issues
July 08, 2005 09:54PM
Were the 5GB of render files you had deleted actually on the same disk as your current Scratch Disk?

8GB is still pretty low -- I'd suggest freeing up some more room. Also, shut down FCP when you're done and restart it.
Eddie Torre
Re: Render Manager issues
July 08, 2005 10:45PM
I bet that when you look under your scratch disk settings, it says you only have 2GB left (not the finder which is correct). This is a FCP bug.

It happened to me a couple of times. Most of the time it was right after I used Automatic Duck to Export a sequence.

Did you try relaunching FCP? Sometimes this basic move helps.

Other times it's a corrupt render file. Look in your Render Files folder and see if there is one file that is suspiciously large, by suspiciious I mean inconsistently large when compared to the others. Delete that one file and rerender.

Good luck.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics