where's the best help?

Posted by Mr. Malcolm 
where's the best help?
September 03, 2005 11:49AM
I'm always sarching for the best forum (i.e. the forum with iether the most users , or the most experienced users)

Anyway, do you think this is the best FCP forum? I found the apple one to be quite helpful.

[discussions.info.apple.com]

Not trying to bash this forum or anything, just looking for the best place to get help.

"A man that does not reply to his own thread after receiving help truly sucketh."
Anonymous User
Re: where's the best help?
September 03, 2005 11:57AM
Simple rule. Post or search on one forum and if you dont get the answer post on another. This forum is as good as any and I like to think better than most.

September 03, 2005 12:54PM
its BY FAR the best, the most friendly (aside from yesterday - ha ha), and the most informative i have ever been part of

wG
Greg Kozikowski
September 03, 2005 05:01PM

We don't lose many.

We may tell you it's hopeless, but that's different from a blank look. With our information you can have a better idea when to give up on your problem.

Am I being dark today or what?

Koz
September 03, 2005 05:06PM
Merciless, Koz, merciless.
September 03, 2005 05:28PM
SF Cutters don't have a forum, but do have a stellar email list. Sign up at www.sfcutters.org. Suggest the digest version.

Other good FCP boards:
www.kenstone.net
www.creativecow.net
www.2-pop.com
www.dvinfo.net
[www.postforum.com]
[www.finalcutpro411.net]

I have my own FCP site as well: www.fcpworld.com
My board: [www.instantboard.com]

Cheers,
Kevin Monahan
September 03, 2005 05:31PM
Yar, but don't post the same question all of the forums (forae?) at the same instant. Post once, harvest the information and post elsewhere if you must but include the information you've already been offered.

bogiesan
Anonymous User
September 03, 2005 05:35PM
Good list kevin. All excellent forums and one is bound to have the answer always. Just dont post on all or even more than one of them at same time.

September 03, 2005 05:56PM
> don't post the same question all of the forums (forae?)

If you wanna be picky, bogiesan, it would be "in all of the foris".

Before you accuse me of criminal insanity:

2ND DECLENSION NEUTER:
UM, A, A, ORUM, O, IS, UM, A, UM, A, O, IS.

The Dative Plural ending for the word "forum" would, indeed, be "is".

The torment of Latin.
September 03, 2005 09:25PM
Would a group of flower arranging forums be called a Floris?
September 03, 2005 09:53PM
Thanks for the replies. I like this forum, seems like there's alot of good users out there, and I have yet to see one flame on this board.

"A man that does not reply to his own thread after receiving help truly sucketh."
September 03, 2005 10:46PM
I troll...er...visit many FCP forums. This one, the Apple one, the one at Creative Cow, 2-pop (although the amount of ad space on that site is getting so nuts as to make it nearly impossible to view the few posts that are their. Seems I am not the only one frustrated with it) and proapptips.com. And Like Bogie said...post on one and wait a bit, because we often see the same post on three sites at the same time, and most of us visit more than one.

What I like about this one over the Apple one is that we can be a bit freer to complain about FCP and Apple not fixing things and bitch about the workarounds without fear of retribution. Not that we go CRAZY here, but you can't go bashing a product on the makers site without them taking notice...
Greg Kozikowski
September 04, 2005 12:37AM
<<< I have yet to see one flame on this board.>>>

You don't want to get on Horton's bad side. The man is an *animal*.

I suspect the closest we ever came to a flame war was the posting where we suggested that if the poster was looking for work, he might start by spelling correctly and using proper English.

He didn't much like that.

Instant Messaging Speak will only take you so far.

U no?

There was a New York Times cartoon that almost slipped by me the other day. It was about the Iraq Dispute featuring the latin phrase for "Out Of One, Many.

Koz
September 04, 2005 01:40AM
Puntuation is an ovarated thing U know we like 2 type like we talk an whoever tells us we cant are stoopid an if they new wat we was really like theyd be shamed of themselves for tellin us to type better.

Nostramadus predicts: The death of the English language in North America within the next 10 years.
Anonymous User
September 04, 2005 03:32AM
derekmok wrote:

> Nostramadus predicts: The death of the English language in
> North America within the next 10 years.

Yeah, well Englsih is a stoopid langwidge anyway

:-)

September 05, 2005 03:32PM
By the way, on my site www.fcpworld.com, there is a control bar at the top of the page. Roll over "Discussions" and you'll see links to the top FCP boards pop up. Go ahead and click the forum you want and away you go. I keep www.fcpworld as my left-most tab in Safari so I can always get back to fcpworld and the "Discussions" roll over button. I designed it that way so you could go check out all the forums really quickly. It's faster than typing the URL. Try it out.

Kevin Monahan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics