Red Taped DV Can't be airplayed?

Posted by ZIA 
ZIA
Red Taped DV Can't be airplayed?
September 15, 2005 06:39AM
Hi guys,
I made a music video in Texas and sent overseas to Pakistan on a mini dv tape to get airplay and they couldn't.
Is it because we use NTSC here and they use PAL? Here is what they emailed back to me.

"I tried previewing the song today but the audio was very poor and skipping and jumping throughout to such an extent that I couldn?t even preview it. The mini dv used was a one of the red taped ones which have been disallowed by audio and archive because of their poor quality".

Pls have the dv collected as it can?t be previewed and certainly can?t be aired as is.

Also, for future songs please inform artists /agents, that red taped dvs will not be accepted.

Can someone please instruct in how I can fix this problem please?
Thanks,
Zia Basith
Re: Red Taped DV Can't be airplayed?
September 15, 2005 10:40AM
I assume you've already viewed the tape here and it didn't have the audio problems? What deck did you use for the output? Did you make a movie file first?

DV tape players are an erratic bunch -- what plays on one player just fine may not play well on another. The standards difference may be a cause, but usually if you tried to play a tape of the wrong standard, you'd get more than just audio problems.
Greg Kozikowski
September 15, 2005 11:28AM

But you're correct. US is The Land Of NTSC and India is PAL. Most machines will play both standards but can only record one.

Did you use Long Play instead of Standard Play? 90 minutes instead of 60? Long Play tapes have terrible interchangability over and above the quality of the physical tape.

Make another copy of the work and see how many different players and camcorders can play it. If you used poor quality tape stock and Long Play, the only machine that can play it may be the one that made it.

Koz
ZIA
September 15, 2005 02:26PM
Guys, thanks for the response.
I used the Sony minidv at 60min but what they said the RED TAPED Mini DV. I spoke to their program mgr and he said that they were referring to the "Red Stripe" when they said Red Taped that folds up when you put the dv in the player.
Now, Is there any other kind of minidv that is better than the "Red Stripe" because I don't know anything about Red Taped minidv or any other kind of minidv.
ZIA
Greg Kozikowski
September 15, 2005 10:23PM

<<<they said the RED TAPED Mini DV.>>>

First I've heard of that. If they have trouble with the particular brand of tape you're buying, buy something else.

I would totally record something and try to play it on a number of different machines. You may have a damaged recorder.

Koz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics