Wildfires

Posted by Rui Barros 
Wildfires
September 29, 2005 04:15PM
Hi.

I've just watched the news and things are hot in California. Here in Portugal we had this summer the same hell.
My best wishes to you all in California.

Rui Barros
Editor Colorist Trainer
Lisbon, Portugal
RTP Post-Production
Apple Certified Trainer FCP 7
Apple Certified Pro FCP 7
Re: Wildfires
September 29, 2005 04:43PM
Form someone who is literally 10 miles north (thankfully) of the affected area, Thank you. If you need night or day air footage of the fires, I'd be happy to pass some along. I'll be going up later today and this evening to shoot it.
Anonymous User
September 29, 2005 05:29PM
All is well here at my home in Chatsworth. Was an inferno last night but now has burned northwest towards Thousand Oaks, Calabasas area. This happens every year in Sept or Oct. Like clockwork

However this fire is nothing like the horror of the ones you had in Portugal, but then it's still raging out of control right now, so too early to tell.

October 01, 2005 08:54AM
Thank you to the fellow from Portugal ....

.. understand I've been up for 3 days now and would like to get some sleep..

Well here goes my rant ...
Well sitting here in Malibu (the Santa Monica Montains), I'm woundering what's going on .... the winds have stopped now for 3 days, humidity been UP theres been a nice coastal breeze (not winds) why isn't this puppy out?

I'm here 30+ years and have gone through 3 of these nightmares, from Simi to Calabasas to Agoura/Westlake and over the mountains and down to the PCH (the ocean).
Those all were driven by the Santa Anna's, all others when the SA's stopped were put out promptly with the help of air support and heavy eqipment.
Now in each and evry case I could watch the planes refilling from the pacific and/ or Westlake. This time I havn't seen a single aircraft although the news has shown them. I'm just wondering where they're filling up and over where are they flying. I havn't even heard any. Was I seeing some old/other/Iraqi footage.
Obviously something has changed.

One reason i'm a bit upset over what I see is I'm one that has never evacuated and won't ... I stay and fight the monster ... and have always had support from CDF, they used to fight brush fires not just protect new almost fireproof large expensive homes. I've not seen a sign of that.
Well, if I've offended anyone .. so be it .. my eyes don't decieve me and I've got a lot of experience here.

Post Edited (10-01-05 07:02)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics