QC for a website I'm getting ready to launch

Posted by Rick Sebeck 
QC for a website I'm getting ready to launch
February 03, 2009 02:26PM
hey gang,

I have been working on a flash website for my company and I want to get some reactions to the overall user interface and performance. I've checked the site on a bunch of computers here in our offices, but I've noticed on my older iBook at home it is pretty sluggish.

Wondering if some of you wouldn't mind taking a look and letting me know what you think - of design, content - anything.

[www.fusionexperiences.com]

-Rick

PS. If you check out the "what we do" section you will see some of the projects I've been working on since I left LA
Re: QC for a website I'm getting ready to launch
February 03, 2009 04:32PM
Hey Rick,

Nice looking site - good job.

At first...did not load. I shut 3 other windows and reloaded...it played. Shouldn't happen. Maybe just me. I heard intermittent choppy audio with scattered still frames. I am using Firefox with the Flash 10 player.

On another note: On the Demo reel I notice a lot of work in there that I know that this company did not do (from Imaginary Forces, MK12, etc). What are they telling people with that?

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

February 05, 2009 02:06PM
Joe,

Thanks for taking a look. I made some tweaks to help enhance the jittery playback for slower processors.

Specifically, what work do you think is from other agencies? Fusion (formerly Telenium) is a brand experience company, and we work with our client's advertising agencies to create new media to be used in meetings, events, and trade shows. As a result (and to show our client base) the reel does contain logos and design elements that may have been created by other agencies - but the actual finished product (video, animation and motion graphics) were produced by the facility and it's current designers, animators, producers, and creative directors.

I take plagiarizing creative ideas very seriously - as well defamation.

-Rick
February 05, 2009 04:14PM
Specifically (I don't know the names of the pieces - just remember the styles)...the Motorola design stuff, the subway design stuff, the "Showtime" stuff.

I have seen many Director's Reels / Boutique reels and I have seen these pieces on there before - some have been around for a while. Maybe Fusion booked the talent to produce these...just pointing out that I saw them somewhere else is all. Not "defaming". No offense meant.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

February 23, 2009 12:22PM
How long does it take to do something like that?
Does it take a whole team of people to do that or is it a one-two person thing?
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics