Podcasting
July 15, 2009 02:48PM
Hello,

I have several short TV show segments that I edited in FC Pro. My client would like me turn these into Podcasts.

Do I need additional software like Apple's Podcast Producer 2 to accomplish this or is there an easier way to create Podcasts with Final Cut? This Podcast Producer 2 looks like it includes editing software which I really don't need.

Thoughts?

Shelley
MacBoo Pro 2015
16 GB Ram
OS X 10.13
Premiere Pro CC
Re: Podcasting
July 15, 2009 05:52PM
All a podcast really is is recorded video or audio. But you are talking about PUBLISHING it? Making it available on iTunes?

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
July 15, 2009 05:55PM
Or do you mean what settings should you compress it as?

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
July 15, 2009 09:31PM
"Podcast" is a dirty, dirty word. Like "Web video," it's a simple term for a conceptually simple idea that under the hood is mind-bogglingly complex.

I'm not gonna lecture you on how podcasts work and RSS feeds and XML syntax and all that crap. First, because there are much better resources to learn that stuff than I could crap out here, and more importantly, because it bores me stupid. But suffice to say that while it's trivial to encode a Quicktime into a format suitable for delivery via podcast, that's not the same as podcasting.

In fact, this is a perfect analogy: A client might ask an editor to deliver a show in such-and-such a format suitable for broadcast on such-and-such cable television network. But what you're being asked to do is to start up your own television station and broadcast them yourself.

If your client already has a podcast set up, you can deliver your show to him in the appropriate format to go out via that podcast. But we can't tell you what that format is, because there's no single specification; your client will have to provide that information for you. If your client doesn't already have a podcast, then you have a choice to make. Either you'll choose to give your client above-and-beyond service, which in this case means taking off your editor hat entirely and putting on your computer-nerd hat and learning a whole new thing; or you'll choose to say to your client, "I am not a Web developer, sorry," or words to that effect, and point him in the direction of somebody who actually sets up podcasts for a living.

Sorry if that sounds dickish, but you're careening toward a cliff, and I thought you ought to know it.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics