do you still need a matrox card?

Posted by Kelly Donnellan 
<HTML>I am still on the research trail for the company I work for, in setting up a professional FCP system. One website reported that the Matrox card is not necessary anymore, since FCP 3.0 has real time effects rendering and supports 2 monitors. Is this true? Or would you suggest getting a card like a pinnacle which does real time effects, 2 monitors and a whole lot more?
thanks for your time
Kelly</HTML>
<HTML>I just purchased a FCP system without the Matrox card and it works fine, real time works. It does support two monitors, of course you'll need the ATI 7000 card for the additional monitor.
Right now I am using one monitor and it has been fine. Once I get up and running, I will buy the additional card and add the second monitor.
If your looking to bundle a system, www.promax.com is the place. I purchase my from them and there are really a great place to do business.
Happy Hunting.
PS, FCp has real time effects that can be view right away, but some of the others do need rendering. Or you can select the "Viewing" window and play back the effect to get a preview of what it would look like before rendering.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics