One Man Pre/Post Production

Posted by PhillyFilmmaker 
One Man Pre/Post Production
September 14, 2007 10:10PM
I used to be a helpdesk tech. (for 17 years, UGHHHHHH!!!!)
But after a new company took over the heldpesk, I was offered a job in the same place to do video editing for the company. (I was doing video editing and stuff in addition to helpdesk duties for a time)
Basically, I get to shoot then edit video of company events and training sessions, then distribute the videos through either dvd or on the intranet site.
Here's what I'm using: Canon XL2, Powerbook G4 17", FS4 DTE recorder, and a bunch of other little accesories to help with shooting (e.g. Lowel Lights, Sennheiser wireless mics...), SW: FCP 5.0.4, other Apple apps, Photoshop, After Effects on the PC.

Now I can put in for more or updated stuff. I will be putting in for FCP Studio 2. Anything else I think I should request? I know i'm being vauge but I need some help. Since I do all this myelf it can be confusing. I was looking at Sorenson Squeeze. Maybe a second camera? I want to be professional so that they get a good product while at the same time I get real good experience.

What do you professionals use day to day?
Slowly and surely my dream is turning to reality. (although at times the videos I record are borrrrring....)

Thanks!!!
Re: One Man Pre/Post Production
September 17, 2007 02:05PM
You may want to move this thread to the Cafe. This is a "Jobs" forum...for listing jobs smiling smiley

Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Re: One Man Pre/Post Production
September 17, 2007 02:13PM
Great!
I wasn't sure where to post it.

Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics