Help us buy the new Projector

TextUp Pro

All the news now and in your digital future

FCP 5.1.2 upgrade problems (artifacts) with colour corrector at 10 Bit

Posted by Malc101 
FCP 5.1.2 upgrade problems (artifacts) with colour corrector at 10 Bit
December 04, 2006 11:17AM
I have upgraded a number of FCP online suites to FCP version 5.1.2 and when we use the FCP color corrector in a 10 bit sequence and render 10-bit material in high precision YUV we get interesting artifacts in the high lights on the grade one monitor. This problem is on all 4 online suites is this a known 5.1.2 upgrade bug or is a Kona 3 problem? All the G5's are Quad 2.5 GHz Power PCs (non intel) 4.5 GB of RAM, QT version 7.1.3, OSX 10.4.7 Kona Driver version 2
Re: FCP 5.1.2 upgrade problems (artifacts) with colour corrector at 10 Bit
December 04, 2006 11:27AM
I'd look over on Kona support to see if there are new drivers or ask if any issues with 5.1.2 Let us know.

Michael Horton
-------------------
Re: FCP 5.1.2 upgrade problems (artifacts) with colour corrector at 10 Bit
December 05, 2006 12:36PM
Mike

I have contacted Kona about this problem and I will let you know.

Please note that the footage 1st has to be re-sized and then graded and the the 10 bit sequence rendered 10-bit high precision YUVbefore you see the plaid like artifacts in the highlights. It is only displayed on the analog + SDI outputs on grade 1 and client monitor and not the apple cinema display in the FCP's canvas.

Also the problem still ocurs using Kona 3 version 3.3 drivers so it looks like a compatibility issue with FCP 5.1.2 and Kona 3 Version 3.3.

Cheers.

Malcolm
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics