FCP4 to DVDSP2 to burned DVD

Posted by Anyanwu 
FCP4 to DVDSP2 to burned DVD
September 14, 2003 02:34PM
Just need a quick primer on getting a sequqence from FCP4 to a burned DVD. I just got a DVDSP2 but I'm not that confident w/it yet. I need to get clips from FCP to a burned DVD for an actress who will format it to her reel. Can anyone direct me to or give me directions that can get this done quickly? I do have Toast 5.1.4. would that be easiest? Do I need to convert the sequence to a Quicktime movie, save it to my desktop then drag it into DVDSP then burn? Is it that simple? I just need to convert and burn the clips which I put into a sequence inFCP4 on a dvd. I already have exported the sequence to my desktop as a quicktime movie. How can I get it from there onto a dvd, quickly?
Thanks

Just need a quick primer on getting a sequqence from FCP4 to a burned DVD. I just got a DVDSP2 but I'm not that confident w/it yet. I need to get clips from FCP to a burned DVD for an actress who will format it to her reel.

Would you clarify if you intend to give the client a data copy of the clip or is it your intension to give the client a DVD that will simply play the clips one after another in a standard DVD set top box..
Re: FCP4 to DVDSP2 to burned DVD
September 14, 2003 03:40PM
They just want to play one clip after another. They will take clips off of dvd and put them onto a reel. The client/actress does not have much on her reel and would like this additional to add from the short we just shot. I am not getting an icon on my desktop showing me that I have put in a dvd-r, shouldn't I be seeing this? I have installed a Pioneer 105.
Not to be a stickler, but that didn't answer the question of data disk vs the use of a DVD set top box.

If you mean DVD player, you can use this:

What you could do is open SP2, press F3 if you are not in the advanced screen layout already, then on the lower left hand side, were the assets tab is, select import.

Import your movie. (both .m2v and .aif)

Drag it into the track area (both .m2v and .aif)

If you have more than one clip, you can simply drop one after the other onto the same track, one after the next and create a single track.

In the outline tab above, click on the Disc, name it anything you want.

While the Disc asset is highlighted in the Outline tab, go to the right side of the screen, the property inspector there has a setting for the 'first play'. Set that to Track 1.

Back to the Outline tab, click on Track 1, then hop on over to the property inspector and set the 'end jump' to the track 1 [Track 1] section.

Simulate that.. .if all looks fine, use the very top bar, select Build and Format

A prompt will come up, select build and burn...

Your DVD tray will open, feed it with a blank DVD and go get a cup of coffee...

If you intend for data, where by they just take the clips and bring them back into an NLE, then yes, you would drop a blank onto the desktop and it should appear on your desktop as a blank. If it doesn't, go to the Apple menu, choose system prefs > CDs and DVDs an dmake the second selection down, labeled When you insert a blank DVD to Ask what to do.

I think you would save yourself a lot of time, by simply going through the first tutorial of SP2, which is in the box...
September 14, 2003 04:08PM
They will more than likely use these clips to extract and put onto either a vhs reel or a more comprehensive dvd with other clips they already have.
Thanks
September 14, 2003 04:32PM
Everything is fine until I put dvd-r disk. It is stuck and says waiting for disk. After a few minutes it opens and asks for a disk. Any clues.
Thanks
Do not insert the blank until it asks for it. Take yours out, do the build and format, when the tray pops open, only then insert the blank and go from there.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics