Text Buttons

Posted by david 
Text Buttons
October 09, 2003 02:20PM
Thanks in advance...This question might be easy for some, but I did the Tutorial and can't seem to get passed this step.
I have 3 Menus that I added Text that I typed myself. My problem is how do I now make these into Buttons and link then to my Chapters? The Book tells me to Control/Click and set a Target, but Target is Grayed out(on the menu) when I try do this. When I drag a normal shaped Button from the Palette and Control/Click on it, it works great and Target is there for me to add my Chapters to it.
How do I make my Text Objects active Buttons?
Thanks so much David
Re: Text Buttons
October 09, 2003 05:27PM
When you say you added the text, do you mean, just text that you typed right on the menu backdrop?

On the menu asset, you can draw a button selection, then in the property inspector of the button, click on the TEXT area and add text. Click on the Include Text in highlights check box. Now adjust the highlights. start with Normal and set it to white 15. Select Yellow 15 and Green 15 for the Selected and Active states respectively.

Now, click on that text, to select it.

On the view window, at the bottom right there are three states buttons for previewing normal, selected, and active states. Click on each one and note how it changes the colors of the text.

To set to chapters, click on the target of the button from the buttons property inspector. As you navigate to the right track, you will see your track digs a level deeper showing each chapter. My_Movie::Chapter_1 for example. You can use that target pull down to drill down to each chapter level for each button you create.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics