DTS & AC3 w/DVD SP

Posted by Robert Rodriguez 
DTS & AC3 w/DVD SP
November 10, 2005 02:04PM
Does anyone know how I can encode or make a DTS audiophile using A.Pack? How can I get a true mix using DVD Studio Pro 3 or even 4? What would be the correct way to make a true DTS and Dolby Digital AC3 5.1 and 6.1 (DTS) surround sound file for playback?

If anyone needs more information regarding the questions above let me know.
Re: DTS & AC3 w/DVD SP
November 11, 2005 03:55PM
DVD SP supports the use of DTS files, but doesn't come with a DTS encoder (which costs over $1,000).

"What would be the correct way to make a true DTS and Dolby Digital AC3 5.1 and 6.1 (DTS) surround sound file for playback?"

As you imagine, impossible question to answer in a few lines. But in the most reductionist sense, you need to do the mix in an audio application that includes surround panners. This is, a true surround mix isn't just the discreet channels but also the ability to pan audio among them dinamically. Protools (some versions), Logic, Deck, Nuendo, are some of the many applications that do this (Soundtrack Pro, on the other hand, can output 6 channels but only has stereo panners). You obviously need 5.1 monitoring in your audio machine.

You need then export each audio channel as an AIFF or WAV file. You feed that to A.Pack (DVD SP 3) or Compressor 2 (DVD SP 4), taking care of assinging each channel to the proper speaker. This for Dolby Digital (AC-3). For DTS, you need a DTS encoder.
All the best,

Adolfo Rozenfeld
Buenos Aires - Argentina
www.adolforozenfeld.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics