what does this error mean?

Posted by paul nevison 
what does this error mean?
June 20, 2006 06:00AM

I have received the following error from our duplicators of a DVD-R that contains the DVDSP 4 build files (Video TS and audio TS folders)

title set files are not in correct physical order
invalid title set information

i have no idea what this error refers to. Usually I would provide them with a DLT but they have insisted that a DVD-R would be ok. Can anyone help diagnose what the issue might be here.

thanks
Re: what does this error mean?
June 21, 2006 07:01AM
This is an inexact reply (and possibly entirely wrong). However I'm not bashful to share my ignorance.

My understanding of DVD structure is that players (at least some of them) expect files to be physically placed on the DVD in a certain order. Unlike computers that are content to find files wherever they reside on a drive, DVD players can freak out if they don't find things exactly where expected.

You didn't mention how you assembled your DVD. If you simply dragged the folders to a blank disk and then burned the disk, the files could be in the wrong order on the disk.

Whatever the cause, it sounds as if you need to burn a new master. I believe that Toast will put files in the right place if it knows you're creating a video DVD (as opposed to a data DVD). You can also have DVDSP create an image file, then burn your DVD from that.

Hope this helps and that my information is not completely wacked out.

bob rice
frameworx media
June 21, 2006 06:06PM
thanks Bob,

i copied the build files across with Toast and made a data disc...i will try again with the video disc option - hopefully it fixes things.

thanks
June 22, 2006 03:14AM
If you already got your build folder with Audio & Video_TS folder you should use Data DvD with UDF selected in toast.
June 22, 2006 04:43AM
I'm using Toast 6.0.5 to burn the DVDSP build files. where do i find the UDF option?

thanks
June 22, 2006 05:11AM
You' ve got the main window, left there is a culomn with a basic - advanced tab.

Select advanced; now you see a DVD Rom UDF option.

Select that, drag your Audio & Video_ts folder in the main window;
hit burn and that's it

Let me know if this works for you?
June 22, 2006 05:54AM
hey chris

after posting that - i found the option in Toast you suggested.

I've burnt new masters using the advice above, I had to manually remove the layout files as Toast 6 doesn't do that automatically.

thanks for your help and hopefully this will now work for the duplicators
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics