HD????
November 20, 2006 12:30PM
I have read the FAQ sections on this as well as the DVD SP forums, and I'm still not clear as to this issue: How can I deliver a true HD DVD to my client? Is that currently possible? Is it just too dang expensive for those of us who do not have the word "Disney" in our company name?

I don't really need specifics (codecs, model #'s, etc) at this point, I just need to answer my client. What would it take to do this?

Thanks!
HD????
November 20, 2006 12:59PM
-- moved topic --
Re: HD????
November 20, 2006 01:15PM
Additional info: The program is about 90 minutes.
November 20, 2006 01:21PM
Ed Roman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have read the FAQ sections on this as well as
> the DVD SP forums, and I'm still not clear as to
> this issue: How can I deliver a true HD DVD to my
> client? Is that currently possible?

You would need an application that CAN truly deal with HD-DVD and and HD-DVD burner mechanism and media. DVD SP 4 can not truly deal with HD-DVD or blue laser media, at this time.
November 20, 2006 02:37PM
Is there an application that can do that? What is it?
November 20, 2006 02:44PM
Hey Ed,

you will need an encoder and a authoring system.

the only one that i know of is from sonic solutions that anyone can buy.

the price is a little steep though, upwards of $150K.

of course there are other options, however they are proprietary!

crossing fingers on DVDSP v5!!
November 24, 2006 01:47AM
There is not an HD DVD authoring application that I am aware of at this time, other than Scenarist 4, which costs about 50 to 60 thousand. The 140k price tag includes an advanced encoder.

However, if you have a friend in your area that owns an Avid Xpress Pro 5.6, Newscutter 6.6, or Media Composer 2.6 on the PC, you may be in luck. Avid's latest Studio Toolkit, which is an option for any of those three applications includes a new AvidDVD application which supports Blu ray right now, today.

The Blu ray format supports 1080p, 1080i, and 720p. The drives are anywhere from $699 - $999. The black BD-RE discs sell for $17 - $25 depending on where you buy them. You'll need a Panasonic BD player, which is $1,199 at your local Best Buy.

-Alex Alexzander
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics