encoding mpeg2 with 1024x576 resolution?

Posted by Jeff Nelson 
encoding mpeg2 with 1024x576 resolution?
April 13, 2007 09:28AM
I'm on FCP, how can I use compressor or mpeg streamclip to encode an mpeg2 with the resolution of 1024x576 (for a 16x9 project)?

I have an HDV project which I want to project from my computer thru an LCD projector, and the horizontal resolution of the projector is 1024, so want to have the best match pixel for pixel. (Plan is to play it back using mac's DVD Player, outputting that to projector.)

But I can't figure out how to get this resolution using Compressor or mpeg streamclip. Looks like they just have presets where the resolution is locked, and the only options are ntsc 480 or 720/1080. On streamclip, I can't see ANY option to output an mpeg2.

Any suggestions? Need to do this today, hopefully. Thanks.
Re: encoding mpeg2 with 1024x576 resolution?
April 14, 2007 06:47AM
Yes, the resolution is locked to the known frame sizes because that is all that you can use. They are called codecs and there aren't any custom ones for 1024 x 576.

You can easily display 720p or 1080i on many of todays lower cost 1024x768 native projectors. These projectors will auto-size the content to fit the projectors display characteristics. Now that doesn't mean it will display every pixel of 1080, but it will give a really good representation. If you want every pixel displayed, you need a true HiDef 2K projector -EXPENSIVE!

The important thing to DVD Studio is that the encoded MPEG-2 content is either 4:3 or 16:9 in shape. MPEG-2 takes care of the codec thing, because it is only one codec that will work on a DVD.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics