the menu button - can you have variable destinations?

Posted by Jesse Holland 
the menu button - can you have variable destinations?
July 02, 2007 06:11PM
Got a note from a client that I don't know how to address...help would be greatly appreciated.

How do you make pressing "menu" take you to different menus depending on which track you are watching? Is there a script for this?
EDIT Re: the menu button - can you have variable destinations?
July 03, 2007 11:52AM
to be more detailed - I need the same track to have a different menu button link depending on how you got to the track. If you got to this track from the main menu, pressing menu should take you to the main menu. If you got to the same track from the chapters menu, pressing menu should take you back to the chapters menu. Is this possible?
Re: the menu button - can you have variable destinations?
July 03, 2007 12:29PM
BY menu button, you do mean the MENU button on the remote?!

There is a simpler way to do this automatically - at least in your example.

Set the end jump from the main video track to the Main Menu and use Stories for entry and exit from the stories from the stories markers in the main timeline. In the stories editor, you can set the end jump back to the chapters menu.

In DVDSP you need to set the actually menu button to one place or another.
July 03, 2007 02:24PM
yes, I mean remote menu button.

Thanks for your reply, I will look into "stories", this is not a feature I've used before.

-Jesse
July 30, 2007 06:59AM
Jesse, to add to John's suggestion, you can assign remote Menu button destinations in the Story connections. I do it on most of the DVDs I create without a hitch.

bob rice
frameworx media
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics