brightness and movement added after build in DVDSP4

Posted by danp3 
brightness and movement added after build in DVDSP4
April 06, 2008 09:02PM
DVDSP4.2.1, FCS2.0, DUAL G4,Cinema Display 17" and HD, pioneer 110D burner
NTSC, DV 720x480 anamorphic footage, 29.97

After numerous tests still have my video brightened and movement added after the Build and or Format process.
After color correcting in FCP, encoding to mpeg2 in Compressor using 1 and 2 pass VBR, better motion, (better results than Best) open and closed 15 GOP, importing m2.v files into DVDSP i am happy with the look of my video in DVDSP simulation. Solid backgrounds, good luminance and chroma. Then I build and play the TS file with DVD player. There is accentuated movement in nonmoving surfaces(walls etc. ) and the video is much brighter than in DVDSP. I format it and play the DVD on the computer with DVD player. Lots of pixelation and a rythmic pulsing of flashes(light) type movement in the walls(medium blue, not bright). I play on a dvd player to a ntsv tv not flat screen or HD and get the expected 16x9 letterboxed ibmage only much brighter than the video at the DVDSP level.
What could cause this to happen? AS I said it looks fantastic in FCP,DVDsP and the m2v looks good in QT player as well. Any suggestions helpful.
Re: brightness and movement added after build in DVDSP4
April 08, 2008 11:01AM
You forgot to mention the bit-rate encoded format. A high bit-rate encoded .m2v will play on any computer but not on all set-top DVD players.

As far as the brilliance goes, unless you view the DVD playback on a CRT monitor before burning , the LCD screen will not match a CRT for luminance. You can not judge what it will look like on an LCD screen. Gotta look at on the end delivery system.
Re: brightness and movement added after build in DVDSP4
April 17, 2008 01:10PM
I have the exact same problem here. I have an image that looks fine in DVDSP but once the build completes and I test it it looks like junk. Here is an example: [www.gshutter.com]

The top image is from DVDSP simulate form, the second is on the same screen playing the actual build files. Its not the video itself as I've tested this with numerous footage and they all do the same. The brick wall you see in the actual video is dancing around like its got billions of ants crawling all over it. Its terrible and I can't deliver it to the customer like this.

Has anyone created an SD DVD off their mac and it looks good? I've made so many changes my eyes are crossed and it still looks like garbage...

Any help would be appreciated. Here is another example: [www.gshutter.com]

Top left is a QT view of the scene
Top right is the FCP viewer of the same scene
Bottom is the Built move from DVDSP

notice the lightness of the bottom image compared to the top two and despite the FCP viewer supposedly being a low res viewer it looks better than anything else.

Any ideas?

glenn
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics