Why is my default top Menu button blinking??

Posted by Loren Miller 
Why is my default top Menu button blinking??
May 08, 2008 05:13AM
Weird. Happens on my Sony DVD player and even more rapidly on the Mac DVD Player app. Feels like the disc is polling the button, cycling. When I try to navigate to the four buttons below the top default button, it's difficult-- selection won;t stay-- it really wants to park and blink on the top!!

What among the 1740 settings in DVDSP could be causing this action, do you think?

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:

Toggle your Timeline Filters bar with Option T !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Re: Why is my default top Menu button blinking??
May 08, 2008 01:18PM
It's definitley polling the drive over and over on the First Play menu screen.

How do I stop this? Never happened before.

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:
Adjust video or audio gain with Command-Option-L !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
May 09, 2008 01:51AM
I love talking to myself. Let me share the solution if this ever happens to you--

The menu is looping for short bursts.

My Main Menu Inspector settings under its General tab indicate no looping, but there is a section below the Start- Loop Point- End tryptych-- "At End:"

I had mine set to Timeout. And a time of 1 second was entered into the field. Did I do this? Maybe, not knowing what it relaly meant. The "Action" field which would occur after this time was set to "Menu."

Although nothing was defined as an actual loop, the main menu was set as First Play, logically.

So...

It loads, it begins "playing"-- sees a Timeout set for one second, and invokes the end action "Menu" which returns it to itself. Over and over forever, blinking the default first button off and on, and preventing any other button from being selected-- unless you're lucky.

To prevent it, set the Action: to Not Set and back to the At End setting, change Timeout to STILL. The time field is automatically disabled but you might zero this field out before chnaging to Still.

That's it. Build and burn and your opening menu will no longer blink and menu navigation will be normal.

Special thanks to Drew on the Apple DVD Studio Pro discussion forum for picking up my query there and leading me to the solution.

- Loren
Today's DVDSP keytip:
Invoke the Simulator anytime with Command-Option-Zero !

The DVD Studio Pro KeyGuide? - on sale alone or bundled in
the Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Available at discount here at the LAFCPUG Store
May 10, 2008 09:17AM
Loren,

Sorry you were talking to yourself, but I had never seen that before. O'course, I have never used the Timeout function before either. Not that I wouldn't have but could never figure out a good use for it.

Seems like a "don't do that": feature. eh?
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics