Motion Help Printed Manual available

Posted by Greg Niles 
Greg Niles
Motion Help Printed Manual available
September 07, 2004 06:53PM
Some people asked in an earlier thread if they can obtain a printed version of the full PDF reference manual that comes with Motion (not to be confused with the overview "Grand Tour" printed manual that comes in the box). There's good news - it turns out that the answer is yes! You can order one from here:

[store.vervante.com]

I don't have any more detailed info than this, I just wanted to follow up and pass along the information for those who are interested.

Thanks,

-- Greg
Great news! I'll check that link right now. I hope they do international delivery smiling smiley
I checked, they only provide the UPS delivery services. It's cost almost US$30 to my location, Hong Kong. I guess, I don't have a luck to get this at the moment.

Hope it will be available from amazon or apple store soon. (well, much cheaper on delivery.)

Antonio Hui

You can also take the PDF file to Kinkos and get a printed copy for about that price as well.
I received my copy today. Much nicer than a Kinko's version, same quality as, for example, the Final Cut Pro hard copy manuals.
--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Editor/Producer
[www.daystreet.com]

Apple-certified instructor, Final Cut Pro and Motion
Author, Motion Visual Quickstart Guide from Peachpit Press (coming soon)
[www.applemotion.net]
Just placed my order. This is exactly what I have been looking for.

Thanks!!

-Alex
Chi-Ho Lee
Re: Motion Help Printed Manual available
September 09, 2004 04:59PM
Does Motion not come with a paper bound manual?

-CHL
No, online PDF only
David
Re: Motion Help Printed Manual available
September 10, 2004 10:57AM
Actually, it does come with a printed Motion Tour manual, that is helpful
That Grand Tour book is not bad at all. If you have DVD Studio Pro 2 or 3, it's kind of like the Tutorials book. So if that's all you ever wanted in a printed book anyway, it's not problem. If you open Motion and go to the help pulldown menu, you get a PDF user guide called "Motion Help". That is a true users guide. It's just as great as the DVD Studio Pro users guide or the Final Cut Pro users guide. The only issue is, it's in PDF.

I have read up to page 347 in that document so far and its very good. If you don't mind reading PDFs, you are good go already. For me, I use the users manual as a reference all the time. If you saw my DVD Studio Pro manuals, you would think it were a bible. I have at least 40 book markers in it, maybe 80 dog-eared pages, and I think I wrote more in the margins then the author wrote in the book. PDFs do not have the "hands on" feel for me, so I like a printed manual myself.

I am just waiting for my copy to arrive. They are in California so I am assuming ground ship should be a day. Hopefully it will arrive soon.

For those that have theirs already, is it the same physical size as the Grand Tour volume, except of course, thicker?

Thanks,

Alex
As I expected, I did get the printed copy in today. I am so glad to have it on paper now. I forgot how much color makes a difference until this arrived printed in black and white. Still, I'll take it.

And to answer my own question, it is the same basic size as the Grand Tour book. Looks just like an Apple publication, with the exception of the high-quality color print.

-Alex
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics