Books on Motion?

Posted by Gennifer 
Books on Motion?
September 11, 2006 12:52PM
Hi, all -

When I started on FCP, I found the "Final Cut Pro HD for Dummies" a quick, easy-to-read resource. Fellow FCP beginners to whom I've lent the book say the same thing. Rick Young's "Focal Easy Guide" was also pretty (easily & helpfully) descriptive when it came to cutting multi-clips...

I've been giddy about learning and using Motion, but find all its bells and whistles daunting. Is there a similar user-friendly book on FCP Motion out there that's highly recommended? Would much appreciate your input. Thanks, and have a good one!

Best,
Gennifer
Re: Books on Motion?
September 11, 2006 01:41PM
There are 3 books out on Motion, you can find them here:
[www.applemotion.net] (click the Books link). I wrote one so I'll let others comment on content :-)
Mark
September 11, 2006 03:27PM
Hi, Mark -

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll look-see into two of those books (a colleague uses the one by Plummer).

Have a good one!

Best,
Gennifer Gatan
September 18, 2006 02:23PM
Mark,

I looked through your Motion book yesterday at Border's and almost purchased it, but it wasn't for Motion2 so I decided to see if I could find a more recent version. Is there a version of your book for M2?

Thanks.
September 18, 2006 04:34PM
Sorry, none of the Motion books have been updated for Motion 2 - however, they are all compatible, and there are good web resources for the new features of Motion 2, in particular the Replicator - here's an article I wrote on how to use it and the new behavior that uses it:

[www.kenstone.net]

Mark
September 18, 2006 05:44PM
Okay, I'm going to pick up your's and another book and check out your article. Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics