I gotta have a real meter somewhere!

Posted by Kozikowski 
I gotta have a real meter somewhere!
October 18, 2006 08:09PM
Some of the audio tools are useless without a good audio level meter reading the show. I need to set the Noise Reduction Tool threshold between these lights flashing here and those lights flashing there.

Now you have all the information I do since there are no numbers associated with the lights. How do I do that without hours of trial and error?

Koz
Re: I gotta have a real meter somewhere!
October 20, 2006 02:37AM
im with ya koz. as per our two recent threads. im pretty much of the mind that STP is more or less a sparkely two trick marketing tool for the FCP suite. with apparently no realm of accuracy, im not sure ill really ever use it again...

its these things that make me miss my old media100 days!!! sure it didnt support alpha overlays, but at least it sounded true...
Is anyone moderating this forum
December 16, 2006 12:00AM
You can send an audio clip from FCP to STP as an audio file project along with the video, and apply processing effects, noise reduction, and filters. You can see your audio file as a wave form with a large Decibels meter. Under the View drop down Menu go to sample ruler units, and select Decibels.

If you take the time to learn this program, you will have better audio.

Never give up, there is always a solution
January 02, 2007 09:59PM
That does nothing to address the basic problem that the programers didn't take the trouble to provide decibel meters on any of the pots in the mixer.

This defeats the main purpose of the app. to provide a low cost mixing utility for the low budget film/video maker.

Dave
January 03, 2007 10:46AM
It could be much better, however their is a peak reading in decibels on the mixer inputs and outputs. I think the program will evolve into a better program.

James

Never give up, there is always a solution
January 05, 2007 10:20PM
One of the easiest additions to NLE or DAW system is outboard VU or, better yet, loudness meters. Once you calibrate to your system and/or vice versa, it's a great way to get a real feel for your audio.

I would think some approximation of a loudness meter would be possible in something like FCP or STP; maybe it would take rendering, or maybe it would be too processor intensive; - I don't know. But it's so easy to do it outside the box, why bother?
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics