Summaries of past meetings are written as a courtesy for our members who, for whatever reason, cannot attend or just plain forgot what they saw and heard if they did attend. Details of presentations, and "show and tells" are included in all summaries. Also we try to include any valuable information the presenters give us so our membership may benefit. Lastly we include URLs and e-mails of most presenters in the event anyone outside of lafcpug wishes more information.
Past meetings 2000
December 13, 2000
LAFCPUG Show and Tell festival
- Kerry Millerick - "Artistry in Motion "
- Brian Hardgrave - Animal Planet Promos
- Larry Rosenberg - "Making the last Leaf"
- Anthony D Delesandro - "Saboteur"
- Michael Friedman - "This Guy Is Falling"
- Joseph O'Connor - "Siobhan"
- Kenny Blank - "Silent Movie"
- David Willis - "Magic 101"
- Joe Botano - " Music Video and compositing
November 29, 2000
- Ralph Fairweather & Andrew Balis -FCP Q and A
- Jim Foreman - Editing in FCPs Timeline
- Jeff Reese - "The Final Moo" (show and tell)
- Cawan Starks - Sony DSR-11& 50, Panasonic AGDV1000
- Ned Soltz - Photoshop titles into FCP
- Josh Mellicker - "How to make your videos look more like film"
- Brian & Rose Wilson - "The Really Bad Storm" (show and tell)
- Nick Jameson - Actors demo reel (show and tell)
- Duane Stinnet - "The Curio Trunk" (show and Tell)
October 25, 2000
- Jim Foreman - Log and capture secrets in FCP
- Ned Soltz - Quicktime 5
- Adam Wilt - QuickTime 5
- Steve Martin - Preparing images in PhotoShop for FCP
- Michael Horton - "The Forgotten Grave" (show & Tell)
- Tim Wilson - Boris Graffiti
- Ramy Katrib - "Particles and People" (show & tell)
- Doug Lindeman - "Angels Ladies" (show & tell)
September 27, 2000
- Dan Brockett & Randy Bickler - Getting good audio to go with your good video. (How 2)
- Warren Metzler - "Light Sensitive" (show & tell)
- Dan Fort - Cutting film on FCP (how 2)
- Ramy Katrib - Film >Telecine > DVCAM (how 2)
- Brett Spivey - "Interactive Music Video " (show & tell)
- Mitchell Rose - "Elevator World" (show & tell)
- Kenny Blank - "N'Sync video" (show & tell)
August 28, 2000
- Anthony Scarpa - "Being Regis Philbin" (show & tell)
- Scott Squires- Commotion (demo)
- Steve Martin - How to create a batch capture list using simple text. (tip/trick)
- Promax - DP Mac, JVC HRDV10 -DV-VHS, Sony PD 150, DA MAX box demos.
- Cyber 3 - FCP Film Workstation
- Allesandro Mercuri - (show & tell)
July 26, 2000
- Michael Alberts - "Nicholas" 24p high def (show & tell)
- Ramy Katrib - Film Logic
- Chuck Braverman -"High School Boot Camp" (show & tell)
- R/Kaine Blaze - "Urban Noir" (show & tell)
- Ron Margolis and Steve Martin - Quicktime Streaming (demo)
- Andrew Balis - "The Curio Trunk" (show & tell)
- Kevin Monahon - FCP compositing (show & tell)
- Phillip Hodgetts - DV Companion (Demo)
June 21, 2000
- Introduction of the group
- Ralph Fairweather - FCP 1.2.5 Demo
- Ramy Katrib - DV FilmTree