Edit to tape

Posted by Marini 
Edit to tape
April 18, 2006 08:44AM
I have to record a tape using the same timecode of my timeline. I am using a Sony HDV deck. I recorded a colorbar starting at 59:30:00 (ndf)and my sequence would start at 59:50:00(ndf) going to 1:52:00:00(ndf). But it does not work... It is something about the compression settings... I have tryied many things to solve this problem but i did not... How can i do it?
Re: Edit to tape
April 18, 2006 02:31PM
Well, here is the reason you are getting the error:

#18 Edit to Tape "Incompatible Compression Settings"

Shane's Stock Answer #18

To Edit to Tape you either need to have your sequence loaded in the VIEWER, or simply drag it from the BROWSER onto the Edit to Tape window and choose Assemble Edit or Insert Edit.

For both methods, the tape needs to be black and coded and have TC already on it. And you need to mark and IN point in the ETT window.

BUT...you cannot export HDV out from your timeline to an HDV device with Edit to Tape. Only Print to Video works for HDV, as it has to re-encode into the HDV format. The only way to get the timecode timing that you have on your timeline back to tape is to capture with a capture card in a different format (say DVCPRO HD) then output back to a deck with RS-422 control and component or SDI inputs.

What is your requirement for finished master? I'd be shocked if someone takes an HDV tape as a master.
Re: Edit to tape
April 19, 2006 05:25PM
I got my master tape although is 1 or 2 frames wrong. My start bip was at 1:00:00;00 but in the tape is at 1:00:00;02! I don't know if the Edit to tape tool in Final Cut is really precise. I am recording in DV format. This tape is not my master. It is to syncronize video and sound in Protools, so it has to be with the same timecode of my sequence and omf exported from. The problem was quite simple. My tape was encoded using ndf and my sequence was df... After to fix this i could do it. But i was needing copy to a betacam. Do you know if is possible to Edit to Tape using a Keyspan? Thanks...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics