DSR11 acting up sad smiley

Posted by Power View 
Re: DSR11 acting up sad smiley
August 14, 2006 11:41AM
no dsr for me after reading this :-) I'll buy a MiniDV camera instead and use it as a deck.
August 15, 2006 12:57AM
Whoa dude, no one's saying all DSRs suck. If you have the $$ you're better off with a deck, trust me.

For the record, I've had my DSR-11 for 3 years now and no problems with it (knocks on desk). I agree that's it not the most robust unit, but the mechanism has held up much better than the mini-DV cam that I ran into the ground as a log and capture device...
August 15, 2006 05:02PM
how did you get them to help you
my warranty ended on May so 2.5 month wont kill those bastered.

The repair shop I took the deck too told me that there is a guiding thing that needs replacement!!!
I dont know how it got misguided :[

changing the world frame at a time
August 15, 2006 05:08PM
It probably came from the factory that way and just now got worn enough to malfunction. We have been able to get more milage out of them by lubing the crap out of them. If you have one of the ones that has the square corners it might be covered by Sony if you get the right person on the phone, or of your repair center gets the right person on the phone.

Do you really wanna know the problem,
or do you just want me to fix it? - McGyver
August 15, 2006 05:32PM
I had Pro Max put in a good word at the repair center in L.A. plus my rash of #@*& helped.
August 17, 2006 03:01AM
what is the story with the round corner?
what is square or round?

changing the world frame at a time
August 17, 2006 09:37AM
The first batch of DSR-11's apparently had square corners on the plate that the load mechanizim slides forward, and back, on. As the unit got older (about a year for us) the mechanisms would start to act up, specifically, jam and go into caution mode. This would happen on a fairly regular basis till you had the machine serviced. They started out just greasing the crap out of the part, which fixed it for a few days, but they got so many back they had to replace the elevator mechanizim with a new one. I think the one that got replaced were $600-$700 bucks. If I remember correctly Sony paid for a bunch of them since they were in warranty, or within 6 months of warranty. Our dealer helped a lot with Sony.

rb

Do you really wanna know the problem,
or do you just want me to fix it? - McGyver
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics