help outputting to Panasonic AJ-SD955 via Blackmagic Decklink Extreme

Posted by Lisha 
help outputting to Panasonic AJ-SD955 via Blackmagic Decklink Extreme
November 04, 2006 04:16PM
Hello to all,

Anyone out there able to walk me through connecting and outputting to a Panasonic AJ-SD955 and getting a reference signal? I am using a Decklink Blackmagic Extreme Card and FCP 5.0.4. I've been capturing all night, literally :-), from the deck, but am unable to Edit To Tape/output. I need to black and code a tape and output with picture starting at hour 1. I do not seem to be getting picture or reference to the deck.

Picture shows up on my monitor when playing straight from the timeline when viewing via the Blackmagic card.
When I park on the timeline and push the record button on the deck and view via the deck, I have picture on my broadcast monitor.
The picture is jumping every few seconds, hence my thinking that I am not getting reference.
On the front of the deck the SDI light and Analog video are lit up. They are not flashing.
When I tried black and coding the tape timecode laid to the tape but no black.
When I try Edit To Tape nothing is going to the tape.

From the Blackmagic Card to the deck the connections are the following:
(14) Genlock is going into the top Ref. Video In -- The 75 termination switch is on.
Analog Composite Video Out is going to line B on my Sony monitor and provides the picture from the deck.
(16) Deck Control to Remote IN/OUT.
(13) SDI out to SDI IN on deck (top port)
(15) SDI in to SDI out on deck (top port)

If you need any other information please let me know. I am posting in several places in an effort to get an answer fast, because what would life be without deadlines? LOL!

As always, thanks in advanced!
Peace,
Lisha
www.badamitv.com
Re: help outputting to Panasonic AJ-SD955 via Blackmagic Decklink Extreme
November 04, 2006 06:52PM
Couple of things.

Totally restart your G-5 (if you haven't done that already). Trash preferences.

Do you have the same black reference (genlock) going to the BM card as you do the deck? If not, loop out of the BM card and send it to the "ref video" in on the deck. You should be able to Black & code a tape without even touching FCP.

I believe that there's a setting on that deck to select a reference... either external or off tape. See where it's currently set and if there's another option try that.

You also should be monitoring SDI, not Composite video, since that's what's going to tape. If your monitor doesn't allow that, then OK, but you can see why it's a problem when you're trying to trouble shoot.

If I was looking at your set up, I could probably figure it out, but it's tough to do with just a description. Sorry.

Mark
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics