right clicked file and opened with compressor >
right clicked the file in the submission window >
new target >
apple> formats > mpeg2 > elementary stream
right click the file again >
destination > other and choose a clean folder on drive 2>
<submit>

file finishes
open dvdsp > import asset > navigate to file choose and get a ""incompatible format"" warning.

I have tried it using drag / drop settings , custom encode, .....

I have trashed prefs, repaired permissions , strip and reinstall compressor, updated to 3.0.3 / from QT7.3 to QT7.5 , from fcp 6.0.3 down to 601 then back up to 604.

TELL ME I AM MISSING SOMETHING SIMPLE. I AM IN HEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Re: I am in HELL with compressor HELP!!!
July 04, 2008 01:18AM
Is there another program that does what compressor does?

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

""""
July 04, 2008 03:06AM
Yes. DVDSP does to a large degree what you're doing in Compressor. Just import your SCQT into DVDSP as an asset and it will encode for you, using your DVDSP preference settings.

July 04, 2008 11:08AM
jude, it will encode thru dvdsp and the result is not horrific. It is just killing me for quality. With the receipt i use in compressor i get about 25% better quality. I love my old receipts.

I need some type of competitor to compressor that allows for upres and quality changes. It seems i have loss compressor as a way to create a dvdsp compatible file. This will dramatically change my workflow and abilities.

DRAMATICALLY, as in i have to remove some of the services i offer in my media kit, and have to explain the quality loss to re-occurring clients.

""""
Re: I am in HELL with compressor HELP!!! ( solution )
July 04, 2008 11:40AM
WHEEEW!

it is encoding now and it will take 3hrs to be sure but here is what i found out.

Mpeg2 elementary stream by itself does not ready the file for DVDSP. You have to go under the encode tab and set the stream usage to SD DVD and then click on extras and include metadata.

I like the extra features but wish they would mention this in the manual as a part of creating a dvd file.

""""
July 04, 2008 11:52AM
>Mpeg2 elementary stream by itself does not ready the file for DVDSP. You have to go
>under the encode tab and set the stream usage to SD DVD and then click on extras and
>include metadata.

I thought I told you a few threads ago to use a default Compressor DVD setting? The default DVD settings are tailored for DVD specs unless you know what you are tweaking, NEVER use a generic setting.

www.strypesinpost.com
July 04, 2008 12:59PM
sounds good stypes, but in pass compressors all you had to do is apply setting and submit.

you did say "check settings" which prompted me to think of all i knew about compressor, but you never pointed to which ones.

i don't think that the manual points this out. In fact it was my memory of the old manual that made me look at where the metadata was. the old manual took more pages to cover this.

I think you were eluding to this in a pass thread.

""""
July 04, 2008 02:35PM
Strypes
what happens when you drag one of the default dvd settings straight onto the clips? Does it allow you to mux in DVDSP?

Okay, good that you finally figured it out. To add to the information, Compressor 3 is very versatile, that mpeg2 setting that you applied, allows you to encode blu-ray compatible files, multiplexed mpeg2s, program/transport stream, etc... A setting can do anything from down conversions to standards conversion with access to multiple cores depending on what you apply... So yes, stick to the defaults unless you know what you are doing.

www.strypesinpost.com
July 05, 2008 12:04AM
yeah stypes.

at first i thought it was some what simpled down but it really is not. I have been tinkering with it for new settings and tricks all day there are a lot of real nice new features.

slightly different workflow from its predecessor but more versatile.

""""
July 07, 2008 08:49PM
yeah STYPES.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

July 08, 2008 10:41PM
Yep. GraphicsJoe. smoking smiley

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics