FCP 6.05 and KONA 3 ref issue

Posted by Phil UK 
FCP 6.05 and KONA 3 ref issue
January 07, 2009 07:52AM
This happened before... a reference problem. There is a setting in the extended menu of a sony digi beta deck that allows a stable picture (ref) when going from FCP via a KONA 3 card. I cannot remember what it is. If anyone know I'd love to hear from you. Cheers Phil UK
Re: FCP 6.05 and KONA 3 ref issue
January 07, 2009 12:57PM
Phil

Set to auto or input. In auto the reference should switch between the external ref jack and input video depending on mode (record or edit and playback).

If you do not supply reference to the deck, set to input.

-Vance
January 08, 2009 04:29AM
Cheers Vance.. I tried that... I remember a setting on the extended menu within the digi deck that AJA informed me of but cannot remember.
anybody using Kona 3 and a K3Box with FCP 6.05
January 09, 2009 05:37AM
Cause if you are I could use your help please. I have posted this question already but I need more (much more) info please. I am having reference problems with FCP reading a Sony Digital Betacam player recorder using SDI - wobbly picture which I know is a genlock issue. AJA helped me on this but they are on California time and I am in England. I am running a KONA 3 card with a K 3 Box SDI with a BNC cable going from top ref loop input to ref in on the back of the Digi deck. AJA control panel set to ref in (video) to no avail. Cheers Phil
Re: anybody using Kona 3 and a K3Box with FCP 6.05
January 09, 2009 08:06AM
Man I need his help. AJA have not got back to me. I should have written this setting down.
January 09, 2009 08:55AM
Aja's support is among the best in the business. You should call them.

But just off the top of my head ? why are you wired to go from ref in on the deck to ref in on your I/O? You should wire a tri-level sync source to the ref loop in on your I/O, then wire the ref loop out on your I/O to the ref loop in on your deck.

January 09, 2009 09:13AM
Phil-

As a quick fix drop all the reference lines and set the Kona Card to lock to input video. Set the deck to input video, and drop the vid in cable there as well. The deck should free run, and the kona should follow.

-Vance
January 09, 2009 09:33AM
Hey Phil.

I used a Kona LHe / DigiBeta deck & had reference problems...until I learned that I didn't have the reference activated on the deck. Depending on your deck, there should be a switch to flip to accept reference.

You could also try setting the Genlock to "Freerun" in the Aja Control Panel. I recommend you call Aja Tech Support as they will walk you through making sure you are set up correctly. Aja really DOES have the best Tech Support in the business for I/Os.

1-530-271-3190 (Rudy Von Kol is the MAN).

Peace.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

January 09, 2009 02:29PM
Phil,

In case you haven't noticed, I merged your 2 threads under the same topic here. They are related so try to keep to one thread - no need to repost...just bump the thread.

Cheers.

January 10, 2009 09:49AM
Hey Phil,

Did you figure out your reference issue?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics