Export extra widescreen to mp2

Posted by ClayC 
Export extra widescreen to mp2
July 05, 2010 10:06AM
Struggling to get this one out the door:

Master is ProRes 4x4 2k 2048x1152 @ 25fps. All done and approved. The client however also has an extra widescreen projection room at their museum which requires a 3510x1080 (3,25:1) playout. I was able to build a re-edit in FCP at that screensize (a number of split screens involved, so it worked well).

So now they're telling me that they want a playout at 3510x1080 in .mp2 with muxed audio. Compressor won't let me do that. At least, I can't get it to. Only 4:3 or 16:9. No luck with Episode either. Streamclip maxes out at 2k. Visual Hub crashes outright.

Anybody know a way??

Best,
Clay
Re: Export extra widescreen to mp2
July 05, 2010 07:44PM
Hi Clay,

Cripes. Mpeg2?

It is not a supported frame size within the Mpeg2 profiles, so it won't be Mpeg2.

www.strypesinpost.com
July 06, 2010 02:48AM
Hey Gerard,

yep. mp2. But I'm very sceptical that I'm getting a proper brief on what they really need. Apparently it's a 4 projector setup whereby the signal is running from a server and then through a splitter, but doing the math I don't see how it works out to 3.25:1.

Whatever. Meantime I've sent them an h264 (works fine, even at 3510x1080).

Clay
July 06, 2010 08:57AM
>Meantime I've sent them an h264 (works fine, even at 3510x1080)

The only possible issue is whether the machines on their end can decode the file. Run some tests.

You can use the x264 encoding library to get it to conform to a specific profile.

[www.macupdate.com]

Guide:

[avidemux.org]

Thing about Compressor is you don't really know what it is doing because the parameters are all hidden.

>but doing the math I don't see how it works out to 3.25:1.

I don't know either man. They probably need to crop it or just project less off the ends. But that's a huge difference.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics