Has anyone tried Footage Firm Music Library?

Posted by Dan Brockett 
Has anyone tried Footage Firm Music Library?
October 30, 2010 05:27PM
Hi all:

I keep getting this e-mail from [www.footagefirm.com]

They are claiming that you can send them shipping and postage for essentially free buyout library music. While the quality is not the best I have heard, these tracks seem perfectly acceptable for some of my corporate clients, especially the ones who are balking at the $200.00 to $500.00 per track needle drop that the best music libraries charge.

Anyone try this offer? 400 tracks for $84.10 seems like too good of a deal to be true. The tracks don't sound too bad, not as cheesy as some of the old buyout I was using in the 1990s.

Feedback?

Thanks,

Dan Brockett
Re: Has anyone tried Footage Firm Music Library?
October 30, 2010 06:30PM
they are legit. have not taken advantage of their offers but they are a good company

Michael Horton
-------------------
October 31, 2010 02:48AM
Good to know Mike. I may try that out, I have a lot of clients lately who just won't spend thousands of dollars to license some needle drop. Never thought I would have to go back to buyout but in this economy, people are scrimping on everything.

Cheers,

Dan
October 31, 2010 05:12PM
i have some music from them but as a part time music producer it is often a few similar tracks in there. i would say 3 out of 10 will be much alike.
I personally like to use VERY different music for each production. For 85 bucks its a steal.

This may not be a step that you would like to make but Reason5 has some extra hot samples that can be easily constructed into a comp. It will cost about 160USD more and it will take about 3 days to get going but its really easy. And you could create any type of music, or construct something similar to what you have heard. There is a way to match the rhythm of a song playing on your cpu also.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
October 31, 2010 07:10PM
Hi J. Corbett:

It does seem like a good deal so I will probably go for it.

I have an old copy of Reason laying around here somewhere. I have to be honest, I tried it back when it first came out in what, 2002, 2003 and I couldn't make heads or tails of it, even though a really talented producer sat down with me and tried to teach me the ropes.

I know it is a very powerful program but my FCP-centric mind just couldn't wrap itself around it. For music, I have messed with STP, Garage Band, Reason, Cakewalk, all of the Bias tools and I just cannot compose music to save my life. Kind of weird as I am a decent guitar player when I practice but when it comes to doing it on the computer, forget it.

I should probably break out the SmartSound Sonic Pro 5 but it always seems like I have these corporate clients who procrastinate until the last possible minute, then saddle me with a ridiculous editorial deadline where I need a track to immediately start cutting to, hence library music seems to be a more realistic option on many of these projects.

Dan
November 01, 2010 11:19AM
Funny, I get these offers from Footage Firm all the time but for for stock footage, rarely for audio. They keep having these special deals where you can get a free DVD of a certain theme (backgrounds, cityscapes, mountains, etc.) for just the cost of shipping, always $8.41 (regularly $249). I've taken advantage of several of these offers, and it's good quality stuff, always exactly as advertised and shipped reliably. Can't speak about the audio offerings, except to say they are a legit company.

Scott
November 01, 2010 11:19AM
Took a chance and bought their landscape series - I fgured, for such a small coin toss, I could gamble.

It was worth it.
November 01, 2010 04:53PM
Great to know guys, I am going to order their music and give it a try.

Thanks,

Dan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics