Unusual linking behavior on manual sync

Posted by J.Corbett 
Unusual linking behavior on manual sync
December 17, 2008 02:27PM
I am sure this has to be a keyboard shortcut that i inadvertently hit.
i pulled a manually synced clip from a TL to another TL. The TL that i pulled it into is set to linked section.

there were 4 audio tracks and 2 video. I deleted the unnecessary audio from a-trk 3&4 which corresponds to the video on v-trk 2.

I highlighted the clip and modified the clip to a stereo pair.

I bladed the clip to remove unwanted parts.

Then i noticed that i had to cut both audio and video. So i checked the linked section button and it was activated.

I did blade the clip into 3 sections.

here is the weirder.

The 3rd piece to the section behaves normally. Meaning when i click on either audio or video it highlights the whole clip with linked section activated.

The other 2 sections behave differently. if i click the audio only the stereo pair highlights. If i click the video then only the video will be highlighted.

v-trk 1 and a-trk 1&2 are from the same camera.

if i double click the video to load to viewer only the audio or video will load.

Other than dragging a box over both audio and video i can not get the 2 to behave as a full a/v clip.

How do i get v-trk 1 to stay linked to a-trk 1&2?

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Re: Unusual linking behavior on manual sync
December 17, 2008 04:56PM
Probably you hit cmd-L while the audio-video clip was selected: this unlinks audio from video.
Now that they are apart, if you select them both and hit cmd-L again they should link.

Piero
Re: Unusual linking behavior on manual sync
December 17, 2008 06:11PM
i bet thats it. i sometimes do not look when i do keyboard commands.

THANX a MILL

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics